Monday 10 June 2013

I Did It!

Just found out that I am down to graduate in July so that means that I have been accepted as a dr :)

Will send my thesis off to be bound and then am all done!  Wow weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

And so this marks the end of my mammoth journey.  Am quite emotional.  Thank you kind followers for keeping my company on what can me quite a lonely journey.  I shall miss writing my blog!

x Dr. J

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done, Dr J!

Kath said...

Congratulations Dr J! I have been checking almost every day to see if you had heard! So very pleased for you!!! I am about 6 months away from submitting my thesis...and just cant wait for it to be done!!
Will miss following your journey! Thanks so much for sharing all your ups and downs and all your tips along the way!

Again.. Congrats!
Kath

Zalfa said...

Congratulations, Dr J! And thanks for sharing with us. I'll miss it too! Have a wonderful life! xx

Kath said...

Hmmm I left a comment yesterday!

CONGRATULATIONS DR! I am so very very excited for you! What a wonderful achievement! with all that you have been through over the last few years as well.. Thank you so much for sharing all your ups and downs! I am about 6 months off from submitting mine (and Im glad we dont have a Viva!)... Good luck with your future!!
Thanks again for sharing your journey! Kath

Anonymous said...

Woop! Woop! Woop!!!! Massive congrats! Mammoth journey indeed and an even greater achievement given all the major life issues you had thrown at you along the way. Enjoy doc! Will miss reading your tales. B x

Anonymous said...

After you receive the bit of paper and the emotions have died down, it would be interesting for you to post a cold assessment of the merits of doing a PhD, particularly if there is no intention of being an academic.Is all the pain (and a chunk of your life) worth it? I am wondering whether a p/t PhD is really worth it. Having just completed a MRes (with Distinction), I just feel like 'so what, who cares'.