Wednesday 19 November 2008

Poorly!

Grr I have been ill! Yesterday, the first day of proper volunteering, and I had to call in sick! How rubbish - especially with the palava of the day before!!! We have taken today off too and will go in tomorrow (lunchtime so I get a lie in thankfully! Sleep has not been my friend these past couple of days). Yesterday was just awful, we went to a posh restaurant for dins the night before and i am sure that was what made me ill because DB has been fine! Today I am ok but not eating and really weak and pathetic. Will go back to the hotel in a min for a rest methinks.

Am off curry for a while. My mind is totally averse to the curry. Crisps it is then! I remember in Guatemala when we were terribly ill I lived off crisps. Not the wisest, but better than beans or egg - or spicy curry!!!

Hopefully tomorrow I will do some work and have something to report. Bizarrely I had a lot of time to think (too ill to read or anything :0( ) and worked out that philisophically I shall have to take an eclectic approach. Not the easiest but one I have discussed with my Sup before and he wasn't totally averse to it (unlike my decision to be totally po-mo). I like a couple of theories and don't want to be boxed in by one or the other. I don't really see why they can't work together so that is what I shall do. I shall have to explain (and defend) it to the nth degree though, but there is no harm in that, and if I am passionate about it and believe in what I am arguing then the writing will come more naturally anyway. I have written out my points of view and generally think that either a) I have made something up which could be quite interesting; b) I have described a theoretical approach which already exists but, in my ignorance and lack of reading, I am unaware of it; or c) I am thick and making something up that is essentially contradictory and therefore impossible both in abstraction and practice. I am worried about making a fool of myself and so will go 'home' and ponder over it for a while...

Ug the boy next to me in the internet cafe stinks of B.O. The first smelly person I have encountered in India.

Au revoir!

x J

No comments: