Sunday 18 January 2009

Bah bah baaaaah

Ok so we came south yeterday, to the main railway port which is also a good tourist stop-off so we thought we would stay here a day or two, acclimatise to the new 'land' (is different down these parts to the North!) and then head off to site two... But I am still ill!

Yesterday I took some strong tummy tabs for the journey so generally felt ok (though not eating) but ate last night and was ridiculously full for a handful of chips and a small bit of pizza (I crave western style food when ill, for obvious reasons, and was so happy to find some here!). Then today I went for some 'lunch' (a popodam and some curd) and felt dizzy and tired walking around so had to come back. We decided to get some anti-biotics now as it has been over a week, so have some norfloxacin and tinidazole with betacyclodextrin to cover all bases for now (meant nothing to me either). I had some rehydration sachets too which really seemed to perk me up for a while which was great - I could concentrate better on animal planet then (!!). So, another day, another hotel room scene. It is so rubbish! SO RUBBISH!! I should be working! I have wasted to much time! And yet, I can't help it. And I can't concentrate on much - am a total zombie.

Ug, it is awful as well because our room smells of some kind of smoke (not fags) and the bathroom looks like the bathroom in SAW. Scary!

So that is me. I will write more tomorrow, we are rationing our home internet now we are in the wilds - we don't know when top-ups will be available and DB needs to for his work.

Speak soon chums, hope your projects are all more successful than mine is at the mo!!

x J

No comments: