Thursday 1 January 2009

Holiday time for me!

I am just writing to say that I am off now until the 13 Jan! If I manage to keep away from the blog it means I have managed to keep away from the work and the thinking... I hope that I will be pretty inebriated and dopey most of the time so I will be mentally far, far away from being able to work even if I wanted to!!

Today has been fabulous. I have not felt this relaxed and in control of my work for so long. Perfect time for a break because I am really looking forward to starting again when I come back. I have to say though that I am not sure right now whether to go straight to site 1 and stay there, or whether to take a week to go and investigate site 2... I think the latter would be better and pretty fun, but shall see how I feel toward the end of next week.

I can't believe we are going tomorrow! Tomorrow! It is crazy. I can't believe I am leaving this place. It feels so much like home, having lived here for 6 weeks now... It feels like forever though really 6 weeks isn't very long. Maybe it is because fieldwork is so intense, the time is so precious and condensed - not like at home when days merge into weeks doing the same stuff. Time to go and make a new place my home eh?

Good luck to everyone getting back into the work-mill, and again, happy new year!

x J

No comments: