Friday 27 November 2009

Done and Dusted

Sooooo, I have taken down my notice board and removed all my personal effects from my desk... and replaced them with DBs things... have moved a couple of bits and bobs so it is more 'spare roomy' and am officially kicked out!

Strange... Am not quite used to it yet but will be come Monday I reckon.

I cannot believe that I have no work now until September next year. Well, I say that but then this morning after months of silence I got an email from a possible translator person saying they have done the translation - well, have got someone else to do it. So I will have to get it off this new person, check it and I guess, pay them and should give them the rest if it is good, strike while the iron's hot. I haven't actually budgeted for that and if I am suspended from Uni, will I get it refunded?! It's christmas and am up against it financially as it is lol. Harrumph! I haven't actually heard from Uni yet about my maternity leave either, some kind of written confirmation that I am on mat leave and that I will be paid would be really appreciated! And will my uni card work any more? I just don't know.

Oh well, it would be impossible not to keep my hand in in some way anyway. Can you do a PhD and have time off?! Unless you are on a desert island or something... where there is email access there is work... I realised this morning that I just don't do time off, not proper, proper time off. Sometimes I have managed a week in spain or whatever, but still think about work and have even, gulp, taken work with me. When I went to Guatemala I was also working. Always thinking and working on it. BUT is only for now, tying up loose ends. When I have my baby I think I will be too busy to work ;0)

Laters!

x J

No comments: