Wednesday 4 November 2009

love time off :0)

Just popping in to brag about my lovely time off (not entirely guilt free but whatever)...

It is working a treat! Managed to get out for a walk today which I never feel I have time for when am working as it makes me sooo tired, and have been daydreaming and being all pregnant. Realised today that I am finally forgetting about my paper and last chapter topic as well as the chapter I want to start - this is great news. Great I am forgetting about the last chapter as it means it won't be cramming my mind any more, and fine about forgetting the new one as it means I am not stressing about it or getting confused about the different strands of it. I am a clean slate.

I am also becoming resigned to the fact that there is no way I am going to be as ready to go on mat leave as I hoped/anticipated. All I can say to make myself feel better about this is that the work I *have* been doing is of good quality and won't need much attention on my return. Is no point having done lots of chapters that then need a heck of a lot of revision, that actually would be worse than having done a few well. Am sad for my Sup as I worry he will be disappointed but then DB reminds me that he hasn't worried before, wasn't worried recently (in fact the opposite, was keen reassure me I was doing fine) and if he *was* worried now he hasn't piped up! Am really very sad though because I only have 6 odd weeks of him being my sup left. Gosh this makes me sad. End of an era for me, he has been my mentor and friend in all this since I was 25 :0( Oh well, I was always going to have to say goodbye at some stage.

Have also realised that I think I may be a bit more pregnant than the docs think, so due around xmas rather than new year. After a girl that is a month ahead of me preggers-wise popped her bubs surprisingly yesterday I am thinking that maybe I should start realising how close to the end I really am! I could go any time from early Dec and not be considered unusual! So I will really work hard from next week and then pack everything up and go seriously part-time in Dec until I feel I can't work any more/have finished this chapter (hope, hope) whichever comes sooner...

Anyway, am sloping off now to hunt down some dins!

x J

No comments: