Monday 2 November 2009

Transition week

I have decided to have a transition week, which is basically a nice way of saying I am having it off ;0)

We were meant to be going to cornwall this week but DB decided not to... so we went to my mums last night and went out for beeday dins for my sis and came home today. Thought this was a good idea as it gives me more time for my work until I realised this am that actually I was dreading coming home - the whole house is like my office and the thought of coming home just to sit at that desk and try and work out what the heck is going on with chapter was awful! So talked with DB and decided he will work upstairs and I will take off two days fully, to slob about and get my head and motivation together. The last chapter and presentation and paper etc was a *big* deal, and the culmination of a lot of work and concentration, I am not a robot and can't really expect to be able to just sit down again a week later and just start working really hard on a new chapter. I need a bit more time than that, to exorcise the last chapter and focus on the new one. So am not working this week! Will chill until Thursday properly, then may do some planning work on Thurs/fri - not in my office though - and come back on Monday raring to go, with the whole climate change malarky behind me and fieldwork analysis in front. It is not about being bored or procrastinating, is an active break away to recharge my batteries. Hurrah!

I am confident this will work so am determined to make my house my relaxation space again - not my office!

x J

No comments: