Monday 28 January 2013

New viva date: nightmare

Oh bloody hell.  Now it seems my viva date is the week of the 15th april...  when I will be 36 weeks pregnant :(

I am insanely unhappy about this.  I had Bean when I was 37 weeks!  At 36 weeks I was pretty immobile and definitely very very stupid, absent minded, hormonal and in huge nesting mode.  I hated going out of the house let alone to the other side of the country,  For an exam.  With strangers.  This means I will have to travel 7/8 hours on the train, I will be huge and stressed and, if last time is anything to go by, in serious pain when walking :(  PLUS this means I will have no maternity time and might be doing corrections with a newborn.  My whole bloody fucking pregnancy will be about graft - finishing the PhD, moving house, hospital appts, and now the viva. 

Well, I shan't be doing corrections with a newborn and a preschooler.  The thing is I can't say this.  As a stupid bloody professional I have to pretend my life doesn't exist so I have to say yes, I shall do the viva, yes I shall do the corrections.  About to give birth or no, newborn or no. 

Bah shit fucking wank tits.  If my toddler wasn't in the room I would fully sob. 

x J

 

2 comments:

Bryallen said...

That's absolutely crazy. Can't you appeal to the University, given your circumstances? It's not a question of professionalism, it's a question of safety.

You should DEFINITELY request a different date!

Numpty said...

Thanks for your support. Is totally shit. Am over a barrel with it really.

Hope you are doing a-ok?!

x J