Monday 29 December 2008

PS...

I know, I know. I need to get out more.

But I just wanted to say - I am off on Holiday on Friday! Friday! This Friday! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I can't wait. But then I am sad! Despite all my whinging and whining about work and the uselessness of my time here bla bla bla, I am going to be sad to end this particular chapter of my time here! Leaving the city... the hotel room we have, on and off, lived in for a month... leaving the nice man who brings us 'butter-toast', Kaapi and omlette of a morn should we so desire... sad to leave the hectic filth that is our road, with the street dwellers and the sugar cane juice man, the children crying ceaselessly outside our window (we overlook a hospital and pharmacy)... the restaurants who have stopped trying to sell us the more expensive dishes or the AC room, the rickshaw drivers who call to us with an odd fervour every time they see us, despite the fact we have ignored them every single time for the whole month... (they see us coming out of the hotel and bump the price up and MAN it is hard to negotiate!)... the nice men at the dingy (but now revamped! yes, we have been here so long they have had time to have a refurb!) rooftop bar with its dodgy beer... Ahhh. Sweet home.

But no! we are moving on! A weeks holiday then whoop-ha, onto site number one and some serious work for me! I hope I like it and turn into a good researcher... ;0s

x J

No comments: