Saturday 4 September 2010

Better now!

Oh I feel sooooo much happier now. It is my last weekend before I go back to work but I am actually looking forward to it now!

I had big chats with DB and we have divvied up the week and it seems that I will work every day bar Sunday, for about 5 hours a day. I have created two blocks of work time - either 8am-1pm or 1pm-6pm. I obviously can work evenings and Sunday if I want/need to. I reckon though that five good hours of concentrated work (and it will be concentrated, I do not have the luxury of relaxing and wasting time any more) would be as good as my old hours of 9-5. It seems I will work Monday afternoon, Tuesday afternoon, Wednesday morning, Thursday morning and Friday afternoon. I like this! Oh, I will work Saturday mornings too, which is ace as DB will spend that time cooking me breakfast, getting the paper and chilling and watching his footie programmes anyway. Sounds like a great set-up! So because of becoming all organised I now feel more relaxed and am looking forward to setting up my little work space in the spare room on Monday. I am not doing it in advance, I reckon it'll help focus my mind and gently ease me into work by doing it on Monday. I can't believe I have five hours to fill come Monday! Five hours is a long time! DB and I talked about how it will be lovely to share Bean as well, I reckon we will have so much more in common when we are both sharing the childcare and housework. I hope it works, I really do. I know DB is stressed about the fact he won't be able to work as and when any more, but we both agreed that it will be good to have proper concentrated time to work anyway rather than just *all* the time (he does work all the time).

So there we are! I have a meeting with my Sup on Tuesday the 14th so will work for that initially - getting a timeline and Plan Of Action. It is only down the road too, no need to even go into Uni. Am really very pleased about this.

Am so relieved!

x J

No comments: