Monday 6 September 2010

First day done!

So I have nearly finished my first day back. I haven't done much to be honest, but I've only been working since half two and it is now nearly six. But I have done stuff! I have got myself a work space; organised my computer desktop and printed off the latest article wrtten by my Sup; organised the translations that I have managed to get done so far and chased up the outstanding ones; I have re-enrolled into Uni; and I have cleared my mind of the sadness and sulking that has been dogging me for the past month regarding my return to Uni. And I have sat in my office and thought about work and stuff, more than anything else.

Verdict so far?
It is a-ok! In fact, it is a pleasure to sit still and work on just one thing. It is pretty straightforward compared to being a full time mum and housewife! Just having one thing to think about is a joy. No multi tasking. No interruptions. No need to jolly someone else along. Just pure selfish time. Hurray!

I am still lacking a plan of action but for today I am satisfied. I am working 8-1pm tomorrow (8am?! UG! We'll see...!) so hope to get into the swing of things a bit more.

In the meantime, I am hungry and my baby is downstairs having some grub so I think I'll go and join my little family. First day back at work - success! Hurray! :0)

x J

No comments: