Friday 13 February 2009

UK

So we flew back to the UK and landed last Friday, and have been in a vortex of sadness and practical organising for the funeral.

We stayed at a family friend's house near the home where my Step Dad had been living before he passed away, and had the funeral yesterday. Me and my Ma organised most of it, talking to the vicar etc. It is a very peaceful, traditional part of the countryside - I even had to go to church on Sunday!! I didn't go up in flames so all was ok. And I was rewarded with a roast dinner, red wine and rhubarb crumble and custard. YUM!!!

So today DB and I are in yet another hotel room but in a part of the westcountry that holds lots of happy memories for us, and is by the sea for some lovely walks. DB understood that I wouldn't necessarily want to go straight to see friends and start talking about it all to peeps outside the fmaily straight away so got us into this hotel for a couple of nights to get my head straight. And for us to discuss our next move!

What to do? My Sup has been totally lovely and told me that I can suspend my registration if I need to. I shan't though, mainly because I won't get paid then (not exactly a de-stressing idea that one!), but also because I would like to work anyway. I like my work and don't like to be away from it for too long. It is like a friend in some ways. I have intimated to Uni and my Sup that I will stay in the UK now until the Indian summer vileness is over, then go out for a bit longer than I planned to later in the year. I have a terrible aversion to India at the mo. even though i really loved it, I really hated it too, and am not keen to go back. I just want to get the work done and get back here. I don't know why exactly. I wonder if it is tainted because I was ill all the time and because it is where I heard the news and then scarpered from? I dunno. Anyway, I am not keen to get back there so shall use this time to plan and organise my trip out to be as efficient as possible.

So we shall need to get a home! How strange, we are so used to being hobos now. Although it is not funny carrying around this winter wardrobe I have gathered! My poor ma had to get me a whole new wardrobe - it is unbelievably cold here. There was snow everywhere when we landed, I have never known anything like it.

I can't believe we have only been in the UK for a week. It is crazy.

I aim to be back to Uni work at the end of next week. We shall line up some house viewings for probably the end of next week? That seems so soon. Hmmmm.

I fancy going to the cinema.

Thanks so much for lovely comments peeps, I really appreciate it.

x J

No comments: