Tuesday 12 June 2012

Cool

I think I am going to be signed off until September...

I emailed the secretary to confirm I was signed off again, and said I will probably have another sick note for another couple of weeks soon and she said she could request suspension until sept for me if that was easier, and if I finished before then then so be it.  This would be amazing for my stress levels and get me back to work much sooner, ironically.  I also emailed my sup to let him know I was off still and he told me to stop thinking about submission and take it easy. 

These emails have completely changed my life!  I thought they were going to be telling me off for not getting on with it, but the support and lack of pressure and expectation has been such a relief.  I did about 10 mins of work today and stared at all my sources and am just baffled!  I need to go back to them and read through them again and get them into my head so I can write again. 

Generally I am much better, the anxiety is at levels i can cope with, I have seen friends and am keeping busy so I don't dwell on anything too much.  My kitten is now very friendly and purrs on my lap for hours which is lovely and heartwarming :) 

I now need to get exercising regularly and back into work.  Ideally I would like to finish before we go on holiday in september but know that for now there is no point dodging one deadline just to immediately impose another.

I shall have a look at the calender tomorrow and make a plan. 

x J

No comments: