Friday 15 June 2012

Slowly Does It

Saw the drs yesterday and have been 'discharged' as it were :)

Am pretty a ok now, have come through the worst.  Went for a run yesterday, 5k, killed me but made me feel pretty good.  Have done no more work this week and won't do any for a while.  The dr saiud that though everything else was obviously getting better my intellectual fitness and ability to cope with the pressure of Uni was going to be low so I could do with taking a bit more time to get back into it than I was giving myself.  I think this is a fair comment and grratefully received.  I love the idea of intellectual fitness, and that i have to take time to get mine back up to speed again.  It is *so* hard to be a PhD-type person (ie. self driven) and take it easy, to not force yourself to be working tip top all the time.  I am going to come back on Tuesday and do *planning*, work out deadlines and how much I have to work and then leave it for the week.  Slowwwwwww.

This pleases me greatly.

x J

No comments: