Thursday 28 June 2012

Nearly Sorted

I have faffed a lot today, I confess.

However, I have also managed to sort out the outline of this chapter.  I don't know why doing it has been such a challenge but for some reason there is at least one topic I know realise I need to cover in the lit review that I honestly didn't think about including before!  This might be why it felt all wrong ;0)  I am not putting in the part from another chapter in, as the sources are not academic but from primary sources - reports etc and so is part of the research really.  What I will do instead is put that whole chapter after the lit review instead of at the back end of the thesis, so readers get that info from the start. 

I can't believe how confusing organising this chapter has been.

What I haven't managed to do yet is sort out all the lit into relevant piles.  It is scattered al around me, and while I was off sick the kitten came in and obviously thought all the paper was great fun.  Shock horror.  It did make me cry when I saw all my lovely piles scattered about but then anything made me cry then ;0)  Now I realise it is probably a blessing as I have to check through all my sources now and reorganise my pile which will be a good exercise in re-aquainting myself with my literature.

I did the 30 day shred dvd at lunchtime - is only 20 mins but proper exercise, you don't stop or spend time being faffy.  I am knackered!  Really knackered!  I need to do it to keep exercising and get fitter, but also to work off all my work snacksies. 

SO I have half an hour before knocking off.  I shall tidy up all my 'planning' (crazy scribbling) and make sure the lit review plan flows ok.  Saturday I will start gathering all my notes to see what I have got and hope, hope hope I don't have to do more reading.  I think I will for this 'forgotton' section as it is a bit out of my immediate remit and I have done enough to know I am not crackers but not completely loads.  Hmmm.  Mustn't get distracted with random topics - just write enough to prove my point maybe.  Anyway, I will write what I have got and see how my word count is doing. 

x J

No comments: