Wednesday 14 October 2009

All good plans...

Or is it 'the road to hell...'?!

Realised last night when going through my presentation that my Sup had been keen on me 'grounding' the conceptual ideas therein with my own empirical findings, to make it subjective and therefore less open to attack. Thought I could and should do this, I could cut a load out and make two of my points in one, and then stick in a few hundred words on my findings. This was great last night but today not so great...
*am meant to be going into uni, but if I am rewriting my pres is no way am leaving my house. I only have today and tomorrow to write and practice it, am on the train to london Fri lunchtime...
*am not feeilng very well - I think I have DBs lurgy
*am suffering preghead, a wonderful pregnancy symptom that means my thoughts turn into butterflies dancing above my head. Catching and holding on to one for long enough to make any sense is really, really hard. I can hardly remember the thought I am trying to get hold of, let alone get it and work with it. Other, less verbose, people probably just say they are feeling forgetful.
*Oh, and am shattered. Don't know why. Am still in my jammies which is something I haven't done for *years* and the plumber is coming round in an hour or two. SO have to get dressed but really can't be bothered.

I don't want to go to London the day after tomorrow! I just want to go to bed :0( Bad london.

SOOOO am re-writing and not working on my new chapter as I so confidently predicted yesterday. AND I spent half an hour looking for those notes yesterday and can't find a single one. Where the blo*dy hell are they? I can't believe I have lost all that work?

So that's me. Am a useless heap o' junk!

How to make this better:
*Open the window to cool down (! am so hot!)
*Get dressed
*Make DB my slave
*Try and find the work that apparently provides empirical evidence of my thesis. (It does exist, it is in one of my chapters but I can't remember which one or why - this, my dears, is preghead. All I need to do is locate it and copy it into my pres but um, I can't do this because I can't think.)

Ummmmmmmmmm. Yep.

x J

No comments: