Tuesday 13 October 2009

Weeee! Goodbye chapter!

And so I am another chapter down!

Still, sadly only on three chapters completed though! However, because I took half of the one I just completed out and replaced it, I have that other half now in my new chapter... so am starting this chapter with a head start of 3,000 words, and all the academic/theorising has been done. Just need to write 5,000 on my fieldwork and that chapter is also done.

I thought it would take me ages to sort out this chapter and write the paper into it, but actually really didn't. I will not pretend it is polished or in a state I would want anyone to have to try and read it, but it is: * in the order it will be in in the final edit
* all written bar a small section on some academic critique that may go in here or my discussion chapter
* 7,800 words
* Fully referenced

SO when I come back I can read the printout I have of the current messy version and with new eyes and enthusiasm I shall edit it and it shall be DONE! This is my most completed chapter. Well, my methodology is very completed too.

Am so pleased! I have opened my next chapter and will try and get that done as much as possible for the end of the month. Then I will have most of Nov and half of Dec to write up my discussion chapter, which actually I have 3,000 *good* words down for already. Wee! Shaping that chapter will be very important, and generally means the rest of it should write itself - the intro and conclusion will be writable once I have the discussion chapter done (and know my general focus, which I do know but it is knowledge that is 'floating' around my brain and not very sophisticated or nuanced as of yet) and the lit review is ongoing as usual.

So is all coming along!

Have been practising my presentation too, and am at the stage were I feel comfortable with it so it is time to take it to the public - i.e DB. I really don't want to, am very nervous and know he will be quite critical. So I don't want to do it in front of him, but know that if he says it is good and I am fine with reading pace and mannerisms etc then it will give me sooo much confidence. And if it is a bit rubbish he will tell me why, I can fix it and will then be more confident. If he likes it, it must be ok ;0)

Other than that am just desperate to head downstairs and get myself a tasty bacon buttie! Celebration!

Oh, and I have a sore throat. Bah.

x J

No comments: