Saturday 3 October 2009

Bit better now ;0)

Well, my friend came to stay and it was much better and just as bad as I feared!

First day was good, didn't get any work done and did walk around a lot looking at estate agents and houses which was enjoyable but non pregnant people are very fast movers! I was *shattered* by the end of the day, and on top of that had the most awful nights sleep. Am terrible at sleeping with people I don't really know coming to stay, I get all anxious that they are uncomfortable/cold/hungry/bored, plus my house is very small and I have to get up a lot in the night, being up the stick... is quite embarrassing! So next day, Thurs, I was soooooo tired and grumpy! Tried not to be but when she complained about a perfect house being not quite perfect enough because it 'might' be cold (it's a cottage, yes, but with huge radiators and a fire - what do you want woman?!) and planning another trip back... which would invariably mean staying here again... NOOOOOO! I was quite stressy but really trying to be polite, made us nice lunch and bit my tongue. Then DB and I went out for the evening and had a fantastic time watching Tim Minchin - he's an Aussie comic (doesn't like to be called a comic, he is a performer apparently) and very rude and witty. Bean danced along to the filthy songs! Atta boy, hehe.

Yesterday afternoon I finally got some work done! I managed to write out my presentation (roughly) and insodoing also managed to edit the paper I have written, so is all ready for a nice new, final edit that makes sense. I shall write this on Monday avo. The presentation is coming along quickly which is fabulous. I am seeing my Sup on Monday morning, I am going in to Uni to help organise a research group, then will have a quick chat with Sup about my work so far and should be free at about 1pm. Will get some library books, try and get a haircut and get some maternity tops from new look - my normal tops are now officially too small for my bump. I recieved some lovely ebay jeans today too - they are *great*, look lovely and are flattering and were only £7! Wooty!

Am still very nervous about the presentation but mostly feel in control and confident it will be good, so shouldn't have too much to worry about on the day. I will have it all written and ready to go for Tuesday and practice it and tweak every day then until I do it - 17 Oct... not long now! I do have a sweetener though as DB and I are going away for 2/3 nights on the 20 Oct for his beeday and our 'babymoon' break (stupid phrase that means going away for the last time before you become parents!). Can't WAIT! Am researching where to go today. Will be in the UK and am hoping for a last minute deal...

After Tues I am starting to research and write up my fieldwork chapter... I have someone in India translating an interview for me, I just hope it works ok! My RA has disappeared again. I really resent him for this stress. If only it were done I could move on! I mioght be naughty and pretend I am planning a trip back to India soon - that would put a rocket up his ar*e! hehe!

My Sup said I won't have my monitoring meeting in Dec now as I won't have written a first full rough draft. This makes me feel a bit bad, but not too bad as it was always a big call. Am ahead of my colleagues still, many of them have only written one chapter and have bits and bobs of other chapters.

Am off now to get some jam on toast and some coffee and research hotels! Is sooooo windy and autumnal here, can't feel guilty for not going out at all - would be horrible out there!

x J

No comments: