Friday 5 November 2010

Just checking in

Worked yesterday afternoon and am working again this morning until one.

Just getting together all my analyses and writing them up into my chapter. It never occured to me how much using my own research info would be like using references to and quotes from books. I have planned it all, am writing up the main themes and what people said and next to that each village ref so I can pad it out with more detail and proper quotes. And it really is coming together like a proper thing! It looks like I really found some information out! Hehe, how funny. And in this I also want to keep bringing in book references and social theory. One thing my Sup said that suprised me was that I do have to infer sometimes from the information. I can say 'One could argue that this shows...' which I didn't know, I thought I had to stick to what was obvious but there are definitely a couple of inferences I would like to make. Am most pleased. This is going to be a big chapter, I haven't even started to contextualise the info with general knowledge I have from being in India and just talking to locals.

Is fab and actually really easy. Am definitely going full speed on this one at the mo, just writing it all up. Just got to get on and not procrastinate... I have till the end of next week to write this all up, then I am starting to bring the chapter together by joining up the primary research with the documentary evidence that backs it up and creates a certain 'voice' or narrative that is the chapter.

When I have finished this chapter I will have done half of the writing up! Then I will start bringing together the thesis as a whole, rather than working in segregated chapters. Ooooh!

It shall be mine yet...

x J

No comments: