Thursday 25 November 2010

Mumsnet

Is my new distraction. I know, I know but I like it, it's funny ;0) It was once facebook... then the Guardian... then both... then pregnancy websites... then all three... now it is facebook, Guardian, hotmail and mumsnet. Bad rabbit.

Today I did a lot and achieved nothing! I spent hours on 200 words in my introduction, fussing away, deleting, copying, pasting... frowing away like the busy fool that I am. Then realised I had those words already written and so they were pointless. I put them in another chapter that has yet to be written (though I did think it had been written. Jeysus but it hasn't)...

SO that has been my day. I worked yesterday morning and last night, though didn't get a whole lot done. Am a bit distracted at the mo though can't say why. Just being slack.

I have until the end of next week to get the first draft of this sent off to my Sup. Why am I wasting so much time? Although today wasn't my fault, I was just being thick and really, it is quite typical to do such things. I can't always be on the ball... can I?

Am working tomorrow morning. I like that, means I shall have some flow from today. Stop/starting each day with long periods of time between each working session really hampers flow and, consequently, motivation. Each time I sit down I need to start anew and it bugs.

x J

No comments: