Wednesday 10 November 2010

Working working - for the moment...

I start to work - as in *work* not faff about on the internet and it is great. Then I take a break and it takes me aaaaages to get back into it!

Arses!

Am knackered today. I have yet to make it to work before 9am this week, am just so tired! Bean was up at 1am until 3.30am for some reason, totally hyper and bouncing all over the shop. And you can't take him downstairs because you can't get him thinking it is cool to be up, so you sit in the dark in bed constantly battling to get him to lie down and chill and not be scampering about. Arg! DB is looking after him this morning and is like a sleeping tiger. If I don't really talk to him or ask questions he is fine and will make me a cup of coffee and be generally nice. But should I talk or demand anything he is very, very ratty. So I have slunk away and will try not to take it personally and just reiterate that he is *tired*. Is ok for me, I have has a shower, am sitting on my ownsome with the radio and my laptop and no baby narking at me for this and that (Bean is being really bizarrely demanding at the mo, very impatient and squealy - is most odd and quite hard work to be patient, smiley uber-parent). Is very pleasant.

Today I am continuing to type up quotes and e.g.s into my empirical chapter. My fieldwork has worked sooo well - I am so insanely pleased. I wish I knew it would all be ok while I was in India and relaxed and enjoyed it a bit more. I have incredibly fond memories of India now, now I am stuck at home and can't even pop to the pub let alone jetset off to somewhere like India :0) I want to print off loads of pics and make a big ol' India wall actually. Think I will, that will help me procrastinate some...

Nooooo. I have until Friday to finish filling in the quotes etc for this chapter, then I need tos tart jigging it all around so it makes sense and bringing in other authors to help give it depth and credence.

More immediately, I finish at 12.45 today because it is Bean's swimming lesson today and we are always in a rush. Then I want to go for a jog about 5ish (can't see how, am so so tired my body weighs a million tonnes) and then, then I am going to have at least two large glasses of wine with DB and relax. Though ebing tired as we are we will probably just have a glass and then start falling asleep/bickering ;0)

x J

No comments: