Monday 1 November 2010

While the baby naps...

I am busy working. I hope it's a long nap but think it will only be half an hour. I can't work when he is awake because he spends all his time whinging that he can't go on the laptop and pulling at it or trying to type!

I managed to do lots of work yesterday... was interrupted but seriously got my head down and got on and worked until 10pm. Came down from the office at about 6pm to enjoy halloween - I love the wee trick or treaters ;0) - and worked on the settee while DB shopped and cooked us dins. Very grateful so I was :0) Am still quite cross but am always cross these days!

Anyway, analysed and collated together my interviews from India yesterday and have some great info and have realised that I was trying to put together my chapter the wrong way. Instead of having the documental evidence at the beginning and then my research - both of which say the same thing - I should have it the other way around, so my research is the focus of the chapter and the documental evidence backs it up. Sounds so obvious now but honestly I have been confuddled about this for about a year! Will also need to change around the order of two chapters for the thesis to flow and means I have actually worked out my thesis completely now! Even the discussion now, I know what I want to say when I didn't before :0) How fab is that. Am very quietly delighted. I haven't told anyone as is just a small victory in a whole quagmire of stress and drama, but is really reassuring. All I have to do now (all... ALL) is write it... Great thing too is that my Sup wants to see my writing for this chapter tomorrow and with the documental evidence I have 3,000 wds down already :0) Today I have to get the skeleton of my research findings down. Let's hope the baby naps for a while! DB is out all day today so I am full time Mumming until hopefully he is back at about 5pm. Then I shall work all night. I reckon five hours should do it and then I should be well on my way to having the first draft of this chapter done with about 5/6,ooo words.

Hurray!

x J

No comments: