Thursday 19 March 2009

Endofday

Well, I did try and do some work, and I wrote out a sentence about Habermas' critique of Marx's assumptions. All very basic stuff. But it just isn't going to go in to my brain, I just know it.

I know, that even though I am washing and cleaning and cooking and being ok I am not in any way able to work. Also, this is work that I could do in two hours another day but sit in front of for the entire day atm, and not take anything in. I cannot afford to not internalise this reading, I need to internalise it, make it mine, put my spin on it, and then write it - there is no regurgitation going on here. PhD level for goodness sake! So, for now, I have again decided to leave it. I can properly leave it now, I am most relieved to say, because it is Thursday evening and tomorrow is the start of my birthday shenanigans! It was meant to start today but DB is late (!!) but anyway, this evening I am having a glass of wine, cooking a spag bol with garlic bread, lighting a fire, reading my book and eating cookies in my cute cottage. Lovely! (And how English?!! Come stay, we can have cream teas and crumpets!)

Tomorrow we have to be somewhere for lunchtime and I need my tracksuit and trainers (?!)... Apparently it isn't something mindblowing but is something we (or 'he' did he say? I don't remember!) haven't done for a while. Maybe mountain biking or something? Something outdoors anyway, which sounds good to me. I have been hinting about going to a gorgeous city up the road for a cosy hideaway, and rich, lengthy three course meals with ale and wine and a log fire... Just spending some time with DB would be fantastic! Nothing too swish, may be a ghost tour or two... !!

Well, I don't suppose I will get to blog tomorrow seeing as I am being whisked away, so this will probably be my last entry as a lady in my twenties... 30! What a fantastic age to be, I can't wait. I can't believe I am actually going to be a grown-up! Super.

x J

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! xo

Numpty said...

Thank you, thank you! x