Friday 6 March 2009

Only 18 months left! Nooooo!

It may sound like a lot, but, like, totally OMG.

I have only a short time while DB is in the shower...

Move house on Monday! Only the weekend to go!

This week has been very eventful - I had a massive brainwave on Mon and Tues regarding my thesis, scribbled it all down and took it to my Sup for our meeting on Weds and he was very pleased! Yaya! I was also very pleased and got rather boozey on Tuesday evening so managed to blag my way through our lovely meeting. My sup and associated sup are so lovely, they are like my favourite uncles (not in a pervy faux-uncle way) the way they look out for me.

And I have written an extensive plan of my time until I finish, but mainly until I go back to India in Sept. I have a *lot* of reading to do. My sup mentioned that it is impossible to know when to finish researching, and told me to read only information that is directly relevant to my thesis, or that I may be asked in my viva's - if I am reading stuff not directly relevant, ditch it. So I shall. He also, wonderfully, said that I shouldn;t worry about publishign anything until after I submit - just to concentrate on getting the PhD done, then send out a couple of chapters to a couple of journals and go to a couple of conferences. And he said I didn't have to present at any confs if I didn't want to - apparently I can make up for this by asking a couple of very smart questions. Hurray and twice hurray! We also had a meeting with a guy from Routledge about publishing our PhDs. Wow, it is hard work - and you won't make any money peeps.

Other than that I have been spending the week drinking too much (I know, but I am in a bedsit with DB and we work in it all day and so *have* to get out, and the best place is the pub. Such boozy antics will cease when we have moved - honest), being chuffed that I have made us something healthy armed with only a plate, a blunt knife and a kettle; and reading a *lot*. Lots of reading. Still more reading.

Arg also, this place is freezing in the day - yesterday I was in bed reading, with five jumpers on! Five! Sooooo cold.

Hmm DB is back. We are off out to get the deposit money for the house on Monday, then hopefully I shall be fed something hot and greasy. Then I shall come back and get into bed like an old person, and read and drink tea. I should get some fingerless gloves to finish off the picture...

I shall post better when I have some internet next week! yaya!

x J

Ps. I am already starting to have a crisis about what I am going to do after the PhD. I love my PhD! What shall I do? then I remember I am having time off to become a doley and have a baby. My Sup suggested being an academic... Hmmm. It is the perfect job for me on paper - why don't I want to do it?

No comments: