Thursday 26 March 2009

Marmee!

My Marmee is coming in ten minutes!

Needless to say I have done nothing regarding my work but put it away somewhere to get dusty for two days, and am looking forward to a naughtily early glass of wine with my Ma! I haven't seen her since my Dad's funeral, so ostensibly she was coming up once we had settled in to chill for a bit and grieve away from people. Now though she is coming to my new cottage, and to see her daughter who is now 30, and is now engaged! So more of a celebration than a wake, and I am most glad for it.

I went to the coop to get some boozey and the lady at checkout managed to smash a bottle of pear cider all over me (by accident). So kindly I hope they will foot a dry cleaning bill that I was about to stump up myself anyway. Picking bits of glass out of ones very smart coat is not cool though...

The weather is typical April, doesn't know whether to shine or rain its heart out.

x J

No comments: