Monday 23 March 2009

WOWSERS!!

My word! I am pleased to announce that I am 30 and still alive, and I am engaged!!! DB proposed!!! On the eve of my beeday! We had a sumptious weekend up north, after doing some rock climbing, and spent every day having breakfast in bed, drinking champagne, and then going out for steak dinners! fabulous.

Wooo! I have a ring and everything!

Downside is a cc-ed email from my sup regarding two seminars today directly related to my PhD, which was sent no doubt becuae I also missed a very important seminar last Thursday... So I am almost in the naughty books, and not going today probably put me in them for sure - and I am NEVER naughty. So I had to email him and 'fess up that I have been gallavanting around the country doing a lot of celebrating and no work. But I will start working tomorrow! I am back on it - I have had my break, my head is sorted and looking to the future more than the past, and I have to start getting back into the good books. My ma is coming to stay on Thursday though - to celebrate my new house, my 30th beeday and now also my engagement. Something tells me much work will not be done on Friday!!!

I will work hard though, tomorrow. For now I eat chocolates DB got me for my beeday and watch the wire snuggled up with my fiance. !!!!!!!!!

I hope my sup is pleased for my engagement and not sniffy about being slack with the PhD. I can't bear for him to think badly of me!!

We shan't get married until easter 2011 - well after the PhD is completed and I can concentrate on planning a wedding!!!! DB is very strict about that so I am ignoring him and looking at dresses and venues. Hehe. What a wayward wife I will be! Funny just how much a PhD takes over your life. No children, no weddings, no holidays, no nuffin'. Just PhD. Ah well, it's not for long now, head down, reading goggles on and blast it!

Tomorrow anyway...

x J

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! On your engagement and your 30th birthday too. What a fab weekend! Glad to hear that you're sounding happier and very happy for you re engagement to DB! xx

Numpty said...

Thank youuuuuu!!!! Yes, defo have a feeling of looking forward now, rather than back. Much better x