Wednesday 25 March 2009

New Dawn, New Day

Righty then! Today I am definitely going to do some work! I can feel it in my bones!

I know it is late to be starting work but I did do a bit of engagement celebrating last night, I confess. BUT I have woken this morning and am just wanting to work now, like I have done lots of talking and stuff and can concentrate a little more on everyday things. And this morning I have also volunteered to help out a refugee agency down the road next Friday for the day. I would really like to do that so I hope they accept my help. I would like to have something to do once a week that was meaningful, busy, and with other people - it would be a total contrast to the unstructured everyday life of isolation that is doing a PhD! If they have someone already/a better offer then that is good and I will do something else maybe. I was quite surprised I volunteered actually but it seemed to make sense.

DB and I need to go and get my ring re-sized today. We ought to go now actually, I ought to try and prise him from his chair.

My ma is coming tomorrow! I can't wait to celebrate with her! She will stay until Monday, which will mean work is fairly compromised *still*, and then we will drive her home and go out for beeday/engagement dins with the rest of the family. Then on Tuesday DB and I are off to a theme park for some rollercoaster action for my beeday (was meant to be gliding but the weather is too rubbish!) and then we are home and normal life shall be resumed! Which is why I thought the volunteering thing would be good - get me out and doing something. I shall also start my new exercise club on Thursday eve. So I am starting to see how my life may settle into a happy routine of work, exercise and sociable work.

Pleasing! Am going to annotate these slides I should have done yesterday now then. Well, will go and get the ring sorted actually. gah! I will work, promise.

The apprentice starts tonight! I LOVE that show!!!

x J

No comments: