Thursday 11 August 2011

arf

I did work yesterday!  Not much in quantity but good quality...  I think.  I have been way off a few times of late, as we know, so am not counting any chickens!

I did work out a sort of flow chart spider diagram thing where I worked out how all my 'buzzwords' or keywords fit together.  All the words that I most definitely have to have in my PhD and how they link together and therefore, create the thesis.  I realised that doing this turned my previous synopsis on its head, literally, as I worked it from the opposite way my thesis seems stronger and more, ahem, scholarly.  Looking at my old synopsis of only three weeks ago it seems weak and childish.  We shall see... Today I aim to revisit that (I wrote it out very badly and in a great hurry yesterday before rushing to get the wean) and neaten it and see as objectively as possible where it might take me.  Is it intelligent?  Is it new knowledge?  Is it remotely interesting?  I also need to consider whether one of my chapters should be removed...  Am not sure. 

I also need to write a letter of complaint to my wedding venue as we tried to cancel with them yesterday and they got Very Angry and want our points in writing so they can counteract them.  It is horrible.  So far cancelling has made a lot of people cry and the whole thing is just crumbling, cumbling around my and DBs nonplussed ears.  I mean, it is only a wedding.  I would look daft in a wedding dress and the whole affair of being 'given' to my husband to keep and then do dancing to a song we don't actually have and bla bla just is so not me.  And we have a *baby* I mean, surely that is more than a wedding?!

Arf.  I don't get it but do love other people's love of weddings!  Just don't fancy a biggun mesel'.  And if I do, can't we just renew our vows and do the whole shebang then? 

x J

No comments: