Saturday 20 August 2011

Good news and new goals

Good news on the (cancelled) wedding front!

Our caterers have been charm personified and are even returning our deposit :0)  all sorted then, and the marquee peeps were cool too.  Just the venue being super proud, defensive twonks.  We are pretty sure (although i change my mind on a daily basis) that we are going to get married when we go on holiday somewhere hot in europe, at the end of September.  Just a package tour operator job, nothing fancy but still we will get a wee posy for me, a buttonhole for him and can get married somewhere scenic, which considering we were happy for the local town hall will be a pretty jolly affair for us :0)  Then we can sit back with cocktails and our candelit dinner for two (plus toddler hehe) and congratulate ourselves...

Workwise (ahem, rather a tangent there) I have realised I have to write 10,000 words a month until the end of december to get my first draft written.  This equates to 2,500 a week.  I think this makes the work easier to cope with - as long as I stick to meeting that word count then I am building up the thesis and will have 90,000 words come christmas.  Then I can make plans to have another baby.  I am telling myself (however naively) that this stage from now until christmas is going to be the worst.  Getting the first tidy draft done must be the hardest bit?  Then I am just editing and tweaking and formatting yes?  So I just get my head down now and grit my teeth until xmas then let loose for a couple of weeks before coming back to it and editing hard for three months, for the final hand-in in march.  That's my plan anyway.

Am now NOT going to start wedding hunting and daydreaming about soft, warm sandy beaches and moussaka, but instead am going to start tackling next weeks 2,500 words... 

UG

x J

No comments: