Tuesday 9 August 2011

halfway there

I have 44,000 words!

Hurray!

I think.

The limit is preferably 80,000 but you can go up to 100,000.  I reckon I have about 37,000 of second draft work.  And of course none of it is worth anything until it makes the final edit - I might need to re-write everything!  (well,m I won't but that is always the worry isn't it?!)

Is great seeing it in one document and getting a feeling for (gulp) how small it really is!  I mean, in one chunk it becomes reduced to a series of chapters that tell a story - no more, no less.  It loses some of its mystique and becomes far, far less intimidating.  It just *is*.

Now, I must write the rest!  Although actually I am going to procrastinate by having a cup of tea, planning what I will do tomorrow, and then it will be time to go and get my wean.  I hope he is ok after being away from me for the first time in yonks!  We are just going to come home and chill :0)

x J

No comments: