Wednesday 24 August 2011

bacon butties and crisps

Thank goodness for bacon butties and crispies!  All hail BB and C. 

I am a tad hungover today.  I know!  Again!  Am working in front of the tv with comfort food, but at least I am working and haven't sloped off back to bed.  I was up at 5.45 this morning.  Well, I was woken up by a maniac toddler who decided to fill his nappy then squat on my face.  I am not joking.

Anyway, said toddler is now at the childminders and I, happily, have until 3.30 to work until I need to get him.  Yesterday was a great day of work, is so lovely having that extra time.  I worked really well and thanks to my Sup (I did post about this yesterday but don't think it worked so brief re-cap: I emailed him some silly questions about word lengths for an intro and lit review, and checked the subsections i was going to put into the intro with him.  All is so very well, he was most helpful.) I felt back in control for the first time in sooooo long.  Anyway, yesterday I looked through the intro and could see straight away which parts would be better in the lit review and which would be better in the discussion.  Because I know now what to do.  hurrah hurrah!

DB and I were celebrating our respective successful days at work last night (with red wine.  A whole bottle.  UG) outside at our wee table in our lovely garden and these scallies started coming over the back wall into our garden!  I asked them what they were doing (in a polite pass-the-time-of-day kinda way) and they dropped back over the wall and ran off.  It was scary tho - imagine if we hadn't been outside?  If they got into the garden I don't think they would be able to get out as the back gate is locked and the walls are all over 6ft high :0(  So would they come in the house?  Would I have to let them out?  Lock myself in with bean and call the police I guess but how scary is that?  this house was burgled not long ago too (before we moved in).  The estate agents are dragging their heels about coming to fix our front door lock which I am miffed about.  It sticks so we don't dare use it in case we lock ourselves out.  I reminded Basil at the estate agency about this and he acted like I was being a right pain.  And told him about the stinky drain outside the kitchen and again, I am really trying his patience.  And then I tell him about the boys scaling the back wall and he asked me what they said.  What they said?  Nothing and anyway, what difference does it make estate agent basil?  Are you the po-leese?  No.  I would just like to know if it wouold be possible to put some kind of deterrent up on that there wall.  Again, I am a total pain in the butt.  I told him that they would be stuck in the garden and reminded him that it had been burgled before and he still acted like i was ruining his day.  What an curmudgeonly old twonk.  He really looks down on us, I don't like him one jot.  If I was a lawyer though, oooooh he would run around after me like a right sycophantic numpty.  Maybe when I am a doctor eh...  that'll stir him up!  He is such a snob.

Oooh I went to the charity shop earlier as I was just passing and they had a sale on kiddies books so I was in total heaven.  bean can't get enough of books!  and i got him a peppa pig rocket thing that he will completely squeal with joy over.  Then they charged me 19 squids for £11 of stuff!  hehe silly charity shop.  very expensive!  I feel tight about it but am going back for my refund later.  I mean, £8 is quite a mistake and we go to charity shops for bargains don't we?  I do feel bad though.

Work!  Today I am editing the intro still, and aiming to write as much as possible re: chapter outlines and methodology.  I shall be accompanied by jam doughnuts and another packet of crisps.  Ooooh I am bad.  I lost 2lbs over the last couple of weeks too by being sensible.  I want to lose a bit for my up and coming nuptials.  Oh I have found my wedding dress!  It is all scrunched up at the back of my wardrobe ;0)  No, it really is.  It is a dress that I got for £20 about four years ago, and wore to a wedding and everyone was most charming about how lovely it was and it is DB's fave.  So I tried it on and it fits (hurrah!) and looks reet nice so think I shall just wear that.  I told DB and he said he would love me to wear it so there we are (not a very secretive wedding hehe).  He won't wear a suit but will be smart casual.  The dress is ace as is most flattering and would be brilliant for a wedding or just to wear to the beach - which is exactly what I am looking for. 

work!

x J

PS I love endnote.  I love it!  I should have been using it from the start, I really should. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jayney

Oh how I love your blog! I had to laugh about your charity shop dilemma because I had a similar one the other day. Bought myself a funky little bag there for a fiver, then discovered at home that the handles were actually patched up with sellotape which was starting to come off. I was not impressed! I declared to hubs that I would take it back the following day and he gave me a lecture about being a tight arse for demanding money back from a charity shop. I felt a bit guilty right enough but it's the principle surely? Well, in the end I never took it back but dropped it into the next charity shop for another sale :)

Upwards and onwards with the writing!

B x

Numpty said...

haha thanks B!

I am going to get my 8 squids back though. I'll need it to spend in there next month ;0)

x J