Monday 27 February 2012

Busy, bit worried but okay

Hello!

It has been a while... I have been away, largely because I have not been writing!

I had to have last week off because Bean got sent home from the childminders for being poorly, and when I did get to work I had serious reading to do.  I have, however, now completely finished my reading!  Well, as much as I can say it is ever finished, it is finished.  My Sup told me that my examiners will bear in mind that my work is always in progress and cannot know everything, and if I do miss something out as long as I swot up on it for the VIVA all should be well...  So I feel more relaxed about that.  Anyway, now the reading is done I have to write!

My friend says that I should attempt to write 500 words a day on *anything*.  My Sup also said to write anything, just have it down and do NOT be writing new stuff 'within coo-ing distance of submission'.  He fidgeted when I said that I will have my first draft done with 5 weeks to go before submission.  I think this really is down to the wire!  The writing is not a problem - starting it is.  So I am here on Monday night so I don't start work tomorrow faced with a mountain of 'writing' and get the Fear, and writer's block.  Also, I have the flu...  I am dosed up to the max and completely ignoring it.  It is my first cold/flu issue since I had Bean so I am most nonplussed by it all and am reminded of how unpleasant and debilitating it can be.  Poor DB, I am so unsympathetic when he is ill ;0)  So yes, a bit of work now to de-stress for tomorrow and an early night are in order for me.

What else...  Ah yes, Db and Bean didn't go to the South during the weekend after all (as Bean was ill and Db lazy) so are going this weekend which is great for me.  I shall have the whole of sat, sun and mon to write away.  I will also exercise (ug haven't been running for a week due to looking after bean and being ill, and am feeling the stress settle back on my shoulders again) and see my uni friend on Saturday night for some tv watching and pizza eating.  This will break up the weekend, give me something to look forward to, give me some company and hopefully make my work hours more productive (unlike last time eek).

So that is me.  I am now officially writing up ;0).  I have realised that the intro, lit review and discussion chapters all interlink and so will probably have them all open at the same time so I can put bits in as they appear in references/come to me.  I think at the mo it is a bit like when playing solitaire in cards or finishing a jigsaw and you can make several moves all really quickly rather than just staring at it all and wodnering where the chuff you can go next.  This is good, or will be once I have broken through the 'starting to write' thing.  My Sup said that the intro and discussion chapters hould completely intermesh, which makes sense considering the discussion is the conclusion.  I always just copy and paste my conclusion from my intro and then just fiddle with it a bit in my chapters anyway :0).

So I am off.  To write.  Or to eat tea and veg out feeling sorry for myself until tomorrow.  I shall definitely get the pile of notes from my desk and fan them out above my 'mind map' of themes and references all over the floor.  I might even try and work out what I want to call this chapter - that might help focus me a bit.

Oh, and I have Word back.  Thank goodness!

x J

Oh, tea is ready!  There you are then, I shall skive another day!

No comments: