Thursday 9 February 2012

More reading

Yesterday I whizzed through four journal articles, and today I plan to do the same!

I am a bit stressed!  The more I read, the less I am aware I know...  When will I know enough?!  When can I stop reading?  At this rate I shall be reading for weeks but I have to have finished by the end of next week, and then be reay to start writing the discussion.  I have a rough plan for the discussion but that is all.  how on earth this time in two weeks I will be busy writing away I don't know.  And I only have two weeks to write it.  It normally takes me months to write a new chapter!  Then I think to myself that the discussion is like the conclusion really, so just rounding up old stuff and having a chinwag about it...  but I know it is more than that really.  Oh dear.  Then, I have two weeks to write a lit review!  two weeks!  WTF.  And the two weeks for a methodology, and two weeks for the intro/concl and then hand in time.

I think I am up shit creek?!  I don't know...  Lots of it is planned and written to an extent...  I was thinking last night maybe i should ask for an extension.  But would I use it, or just sit around eating cake for an extra month?!!!  Maybe I need the pressure.  Maybe I can do it.

Anyway.  Re: wedding dilemma, I am not going and will take the heat if everyone thinks I am rude.  And have the four days here to myself.  I will have to take time out to meet my new neice/nephew around then and I have another baby to meet in London.  I wan't going to go and see that baby, but it is one of my bestest friends and is the weekend before my b'day too (which I am working on) so will go for the night, see the bubba, then get very drunk and come back for more work.  This is good as it balances out the work horror.

Think I am going to have to start some late nights...  Oh I dread it.  On my own, fine.  With a Bean to look after it is horrible.  I am such a bad mum when I am so tired, I just want to sleep!  I just wonder if i should get an extension and give myself more time.  But I just want to get it done!

x J  

No comments: