Tuesday 22 March 2011

Another year older

Arg I'm 32.  And I look it these days.

So Beanie went in at 9.30 this morning.  Was ok though getting up is haaaard.  We are not a morning family.  Is fab though because i feel I have been working for hours and still have an hour and a half to go - previously I would have only half an hour before i had to pick him up.  makes me feel I can work on more stuff rather than just ugent stuff - which will be helpful when am reading.

Sup liked my second draft so that's cool.  Think one more draft should do it then onto final edit woooo!  Am not going to do that draft yet though, I need some time away to get perspective on it.  I am going to plan my discussion chapter and then leave it for the day (will take all today anyway!).  Tomorrow I am meeting my Sup at 10am eeeeeek.  Am nervous as always, but feel ok because I have sent him this chapter and he is pleased with it, and he has asked for an abstract of my next chapter which, if he means the chronological next chapter, I have already written to second draft level so can show off about that.  If he means next chapter I am planning to write then today's planning of the discussion chapter will be that.  Although I don't know if i should write that chapter next or do the lit review first...  Cause in the discussion chapter I will need to draw in all my favourite and recent authors and theorists won't I?  I mean, it is the Killer Chapter - i can't really write it and not be totally up to date with my lilterature?  And I am really, really not.  That is one thing I might get chided on tomorrow because I haven't been entirely honest about my lack of secondary reading.

Swimming tonight!  Am doing tumbleturns a-wooty! 

Aw had a lovely birthday yesterday.  we ate lovely fancy luncheon and went for a walk.  Bean was delighted with the idea of slopes as we haven't really let him roam outside yet!  And I got a photo album from DB filled with piccies of me and bean from when he was born (er, obv) until yesterday.  I was very moved and cried all over it :0)

Ug back hurts from sitting at the stupid desk for so long.  Am going to get some rays (sun is sheeeee-ining!) and hang up washing, then get some lunch and be back here for a final hour of work at 1pm.

x J 

No comments: