Wednesday 23 March 2011

Ps

Am not going to apply for the job I found any more.  I am a bit sad about this actually, but it is full time and I just can't be only seeing my baby for half an hour an evening and at weekends.  Whatever they pay me.

HOWEVER, as I blithly mentioned below I *am* applying to present at a conference (where I woudl have applied to work as it happens) which is a BIG step for me...   I am so very scared - it is 20mins!  Jeeez.  but it shows that I do want to be ana academic - I need to get my CV up an running.  Get out there.  Eeeeeeeeek.  Plus I will need to sort out childcare etc etc but it isn't till June and I will have lots of notice if I am accepted to sort it out.

AND I am seriously thinking about nipping to Tanzania for a month to do some volunteering.  I would go with DB and Bean.  My friend has a charity there and the set up is fab, I am sure we would be very looked after.  Bean is getting older and more capable all the time, quickly perusing a few forums it seems that he would be fine as long as we were careful re: malaria, food etc but we are seasoned travellers so pretty savvy and NOT at all risky.  I have been so terribly ill abroad that I would always be super careful.  My other friend went with out for a month, she told me about it yesterday and I was so envious and automatically dismissed it as I have a baby.  But totally, why not take him?  Let's do it, I mean this is my life - I work in aid and development!  i have always dreamed of going somewhere in Africa and always wanted to climb Kilimanjaro - we would be able to do that!  Yeah man, let's go realise some dreams! 

I wonder if DB would mind if we went on our honeymoon?!  That may be a step too far... ;0)

Exciting times!

x J

No comments: