Sunday 27 March 2011

Peaks and Troughs

Bah I feel blue about work.

I realised the other night that actually my meeting with my Sup wasn't as successful as I thought.  I was reminded a bit that I need to read more, he mentioned that bean must be quite a distraction for me and also said, in response to something that I was explaining, that those ideas were not new :0(  I am sad about this and feel really stressed about it.

Also, I am starting a new chapter, which after completing one and feeling like you really know what you are talking about is always a bit depressing because you are at the beginning again - I know nothing for this chapter and have a heck of a mountain to climb.  It is the lit review - this is going to be very, very time intensive and er, Bean is a bit of a distraction ;0)

Also, I have the abstract for the this conference in June to write but my confidence is low and I am struggling to concentrate.  And I have a journal paper I want to write.  And jobs I need to look for in September.

So busy and worried.  Bit stressed - i have so far to go.  Although I have to tell myself that when the lit review is done I really am flying then.  When I *do* know the literature and the current debates the PhD should really start coming together. 

I hope!

x J

No comments: