Saturday 10 September 2011

Got a concluding argument!

Ooh I have been working out this chapter, then working out how it will flow into the next chapter which will be the discussion - BIG chapter - and out of that I got my concluding argument!  Is really exciting!

It is one of those things that starts to make me feel that there IS an end to this process - if I have found the conclusion - the main point underlining everything else I am writing, then *that* is the end - it is the full stop, the final sentence, the whole goddamn point...  and my job now is to fill in all the gaps that lead to that point. 

before it was such an open-ended piece of work.  But I can see the light!

Just two hours thinking and that's what happens. 

I did type an intro of sorts to the new chapter, but it is rubbish - garbled.  But I need some space to write it properly, I anm all too aware that bean and DB will be hoome any minute and then my time will be up (Bean is going through a big mama phase!  I can't hide!).  Tonight, until 8.15 (when x factor is on then Jonathan Ross, then bed - my saturday night!) I shall try to write out what I can from my PhD notebook - I have about three pages of scribbling that all ended up creating this chapter.  I need to remind myself of where I am coming from and this will help with my intro.  I then need to write the intro out really really clearly and carefully.  I hope to do this before I start work proper on Tuesday, then on tues/weds/thurs I can get some serious words down.  I only have next week and two days of the following week of proper work time before I get wed!  Eek!

Speaking of which, we got the rings sorted today and tomorrow I am going looking for the dress I am getting married in.  When I have that (and shoes and hair stuff) I will be alllll ready to go!  WOWOWOWOWWW!

Right will do that work in a min - am also cooking dinner now.  Such is the life of the PhD housewife/mother/dogsbody ;0)

x J 

No comments: