Thursday 1 September 2011

procrastination queen

Ok I have to come clean.

Today so far I have had my work within arms reach, with a pen all ready to edit.  Instead I have actually:

Bought a dress for my wedding after much perusing and second checking.
Bought some bikini bottoms
Signed up to lovefilm and added titles to my rental account
Smoked two cigarettes with two hot drinks (not in a row!).
Read the paper online
Checked all my emails numerous times
Checked and commented on facebook.
Took a quizz at a piccie of an old schoolmate on facebook.
Checked my phone for messages.
Blogged
Started work in front of the tv but decided I was too hungry to concentrate.
Made a lovely salad.
Hung up washing.
Ate salad in front of tv.
Got out work and *started it*, realised I actually needed to edit pretty heavily so should get back on the computer.
Decided to finish watching programme first.
Went to kitchen to get things and decided that I really could do with making some cookies.
Hunted round for ingredients, realised I didn't have enough sugar and berated self for terrible time wasting.
Turned on computer, checked emails, facebook, newspaper.
Blogged.
Am now thinking about a cup of coffee to help ease me into work.

In fact, I will get said coffee and then come up and WORK.  I am so ashamed.  Sooooo ashamed!  We pay tens of pounds a week so bean can be in childcare so I can work.  Bean was a bit off this morning, I think because he has had enough of childcare and wanted to be at home - not awfully, but a bit and that is enough to set me off.

But at least we are signed up to lovefilm!

x J

No comments: