Monday 1 April 2013

Arg!

I opened my uni email and Sup is on my case...

This is obviously a good thing, I am so fortunate to have a Sup who cares and is a workaholic enough to be emailing me over easter with suggestions of how to get cracking (hehe!) on my corrections...  But ARG too.  I read what he had written and my heart went into my boots.  Nearly had a weep and got on with it.

In the end it turned out that basically I needed to write into my conclusion what was said in my viva - particularly the answers I gave to questions.  At the time I was answering with my fist in my mouth and kind of felt like I was making a lot of it up...  Am not a brilliant academic and don't really know that much.  I definitely need to know more.  But I am at a stage now where I am sure I am not meant to start doing swathes more research?  Nah.  I know I have one area of lit to read up on but mostly they were keen to impress upon me that what they were saying sounded like a big deal but really actually wasn't.  I shall hold onto this.

So I have stuffed myself with lunch and, armed with easter egg choc, am back at the laptop with the wonderful great british bake off for company :)  Am sure my family will be home soon so need to get on with it.

I have managed to do most of the corrections Sup sent me but haven't started on the translations yet. 

Am so sleepy!

x J

No comments: