Friday 9 March 2012

yay

My discussion chapter is shaping up nicely :0)

I have been working at it when I can and now have the shape of it so just need to fill in the gaps.  I have about 4000 rough words down though think probably 3000 proper words...  need to make it to 8000 which should be feasible hurrah.  My deadline is Monday night and my family have shipped out to go down south for the weekend so I have today (till 8ish when I shall knock off for the day), all tomorrow and all sunday.

I am really sad that my lovely DB and baby have gone!  It feels like someone turned the light off in my house :0(  However, I need a weekend to myself, and some time to be selfish with.  As well as work, this weekend I plan to have a bath, have two nights of uninterrupted sleep, two lie-ins, a swim and two nights to uninterrupted lovely tv watching.  I intend to talk out loud to myself and type, type type :0) 

Having the discussion chapter done would be a dream!  I do know what I want to say though, and have chopped some bits out already and put them in the intro/conclusion so the thesis as a whole is growing in a lovely organic way.  I am having a good time with it at the moment hurray!

Today I want to have this chapter completely shaped with a pretty neat intro and subheadings to match, and to have properly got into the flow of writing it up.  I have been for a quick 15 min run today to clear my cobwebs and get me into a good frame of mind for working, as well as to test my fitness after having the Lurgy for a week.  Because of being ill I haven't had any alcohol or fags for two weeks!  This is a long time for me, I am a regular friday night kitchen-parter ;0)  I do feel good for it, and I know that it is benefitting my work.  I am having homemade pizza for tea though, with mini-eggs for pud ;0)  And I am going to watch comedy on tv and go to bed at a reasonable time but because I want to, not because I ought to because my toddler will wake me in the night and early in the morning.  Oh the joy of single life!! (Temporary, only temporary - I love my life really ;0))

Soooo, I am off.  I shall work for 45 mins initially and can jump up and run downstairs to make pizza dough then, then back up for another stint.  I don't care if it is jumpy to start with seeing as I haven't had a full, uninterrupted session of work for a few weeks!  Just doing work at all is *wonderful* and I will meet my goal and spread out on the settee like a huge manatee of contented PhDness.

Tomorrow I will come to work for about 10/10.30 and work all day, but will jump up to go for a run and mnake food and read the paper here and there.  I am *not* going to do what I did last time and which gave me writer's block, which is force myself to sit at my laptop for every minute of every day in the expectation that I shall write three chapters.  I shall be much kinder to myself - and who knows, I might even enjoy it...

x J

No comments: