Saturday 3 March 2012

Working... against the odds

Gah things are tricky in the Jayney household at the mo!

So I was ill all last week yek.  Am still dosed up on tablets but ok when I am.  However, I have passed the lurg onto my little cub which means that they are not down South, and I have only just been able to start work after being up all night with Bean.

It is my actual nightmare.  Poor bean, he is all poorly but luckily seems content to let his Dad look after him today (phew).  However, I am a week behind on my schedule which means that I have one week to write my whole discussion chapter!  WTF?! 

My plan is this:
  • Don't panic.  Panicking will be counter-productive.
  • Do aim to write 500 words today.  I know this is not enough but thinking of writing 1000 definitely is too scary and sends me straight to facebook.
  • Do try and organise the subheadings for the discussion chapter and start filling them in with quotes and ting.
  • Do go downstairs for ten minutes at 2pm, then come back up and work for another hour and then have another break etc etc.  I am way too antsy and poorly feeling to work well for long periods of time.
As long as I work, in some capacity it will be ok.  I also have to think that I am not actually behind until I have not finished on Tuesday 13 March.  This is actually a while away! 

You can do it!  Go, go, go!

x J

No comments: