Wednesday 28 March 2012

Nearly there

I think...

This discussion chapter is finally, finally in its final state.  The headings are concise and make sense, there is a narrative and argument (arguments) and it stands at 8,000 words.  I have about 700 - 1000 words to add, then need to tighten it up and make the conclusion and intro match to the text (!).  That will be draft one done.

Then I shall need to re-visit it after I have done the lit review chapter and add in/take out bits as I am sure I would have explained some concepts etc already.

I am slightly concerned by the lack of references and namechecking I have done in this chapter but wonder if that is because this is mainly a 'thinky' chapter, rather than one laying out different arguments?  I mean, I have already made the arguments and presented the relevant people (apparently!) within the research so far, so this time I am just saying how the arguments *I* have made are important/useful for my field?  I reference my findings a lot in this chapter...  Hmmm, dunno.  I think writing my lit review shall help me work this out.  That chapter will be chock full of references.  Everyone under the sun and their aunty!

Speaking of sun...  I am going to get some lunch and rest my back and shoulders and catch some rays.  I am hunched over my laptop on the floor and it HURTS!  But I can't work on my desk because my notes are all over the floor.  I have a huge kitche table for my desk and they won't fit on it!  I do have them in neat piles now though according to my main 'themes'.  Lovely, lovely.

Am sick of this work and getting tense with it!  I don't want to get tense it's miserable and doesn't make you work any faster.  well, maybe it does a bit :0)  Am a bit pregnant-moody today too which makes me generally grumpy.  Am annoyed that I can't just constantly work but have to get Bean and stuff too, I just really want to work all the time.  I am not good for company or chilling or being anything other than a work grump.  It's because I have run over my deadline, I don't feel I have any time to spare now so can't relax or think about much else.  Oh well, it's not for long now.

x J

No comments: