Monday 10 August 2009

Endoffirstdayback

Well, I have survived!

I am still a bit confused about the work... but am positive about it, hurray! I started to read through my notes and realised I should try and remind myself of what my PhD is actually about (a few weeks away on fieldwork will do that to you) so printed off my completed chapters (yes, all two of them - sounded grand for a while there though) and realised that one of them has practically all the answers in it! So I am going to plagiarise that a treat and bulk it up and swap it round with my more recent readings. Which is just great and, once I have it all organised and planned, should take about 10 days to write... which fills the two weeks I have (not including the week I am about to spend at my Mums).

So I am going to plan tomorrow and Wednesday, then write from Thursday and have the introduction done for Monday. I have emailed my Sup and announced my presence in the UK and told him I don't need to see him really until September and promised him the intro so he can see what I am up to... And I emailed my contact re: the Prestigious International Conference to say that I, regretfully, have to decline his offer to present... Craziness. Won't be telling Sup about *that*!

Am knackered (have a lovely twitch in my right eye when am stressed and tired these days, I thought it would go once India was over but no, it is here to stay. I don't like it!) and brain dead after my attempts at organising and doing a full days work so am off to hang around and be free of having to straitjacket my thoughts. Tomorrow I shall read through all my notes and re-read the chapter already written and then should have a clear idea of how it all fits in together. Oh, and I am going for some exercise. Bah.

x J

No comments: