Friday 28 August 2009

Righty!

Its friday night and am doing my work blog... What does that tell you?!

I worked until about 6 then stopped as the reading, as much as I wanted to get it finished, wasn't going in and I realised I was pretending to read really fast and turning pages, but knew nothing... I have one paper left to go then and it's only 13 pages so should be able to speed through it some time tomorrow? Am starting a new file for this reading as I have realised it can merge into another biblio I have and different themes throughout the thesis, so needs to be organised properly. I am going to get myself a BIG storage system, with different crates for different themes and reading, like 'old literature' (I know what that entails!) and 'new literature', theory stuff, my fieldwork notes and tapes etc, and then my chapters... Lots of BIG drawers with LOTS of room so I can open them and get things out and put them in and yumptiousness. I'll get sommat from Ikea. Everything will need to be filed meticulously so when I come back off mat leave I can just dive straight into it - at the mo everything is tucked into overloaded lever arch files and hidden in wardrobes... not good!

Can't wait to get that done actually. Seeing all my reading may be a bit daunting though - although most of it is actually in my head so is almost impressive! I don't use endnote, still not got round to it but I read and re-read my sources so much so they are internalised and can think about them in relation to each other, have so many plans and synopses of articles and readings and books that that is my library really. We shall see, endnote may come in really useful - but you have to pay for it now, and I would have to go to a class to learn how to use it etc. Am not sure I will ever get round to it!!

Tonight is a quiet one in my house, am making a red sauce for home made pizzas atm and we shall have that with some chips in front of the dire tele that is big brother later... then will read and go to bed! Tomorrow I want to eat healthily all day, do some exercise (dare we mention the pool?!) and then eat some grubby takeaway for dins feeling that it was well earned! I will leave the reading and final planning until Sunday/Monday when I shall do it and then start writing before the day is out - may be better doing something I know I can do as my first job of the day rather than trying to plunge into daunting writing anyway... Is so weird how each time I come to start writing I find it really scary. Every time.

Am going to dare to turn off my laptop now... it has been very ill and wouldn't turn on earlier so I spent part of the day backing everything up and saving it saving it... maybe this is the last time I will use it :0( I haven't had it very long - maybe a year?!

Have good weekends and relax!

x J

No comments: