Wednesday 26 August 2009

Ok day!

I worked ok today...

I didn't do much again, i worked from 2.30 to 4.30 which I know is not great BUT it was something, it was proper work and so I am pleased. When one is suffering from a lack of motivation/concentration getting anything done is so hard, so am just going to be pleased with what i did do.

And then I went for a walk for about 40 minutes which I am also pleased with!

Tomorrow I want to work for longer than two hours, finish the reading that I have left to do, and I also want to get my arriss to the pool. We can do it! I will really enjoy it, Beanie will enjoy it and I will be sooooo proud afterwards and can eat biscuits all smug and happy ;0) Finishing the reading will be great too, and then just a bit more planning to integrate the references and knowledge into my current outline, then time to start copy and pasting stuff from my previous chapter and geting a kind of outline. WOOOO!

Told my Sup I aim to be four chapters down by the end of Sept, plus have written this paper... Should be achievable. That would be exciting because they would be four proper chapters - not just chapters I 'think' will exist in the final edit. I am chopping and changing one current chapter to include this recent reading and argument and taking half of that chapter and adding it to another I am yet to start. This is good news and means I am obviously progressing somehow and the work is making more sense all the time. YAY!! I know this must seem ridiculous considering I never do any work. I don't understand how it comes together either.

SO I will be four chapters down: the methodology, the political voice, the Indian voice and the humanitarian voice (this last one is still to be revised). And will be about 30,000 words... Excellent! Then I will need to meticulously plan the lit review and make sure all the sources are easily accessible when I come back, and maybe do a synopsis of each ref for my brain... and definitely work out and draft write the discussion chapter. Then I shall only have the conclusion and introduction to do when I come back next year, and will have 9 months to do it in. Should be possible! (It seems so possible I am actually nervous)

x J

No comments: