Thursday 13 August 2009

Laptop Ban

Well, sadly for me the laptop ban worked a treat so I will have to spend more days without it than with it unless I am writing... BOOOO!

Good news though - I worked all day! Like a good normal person. Though I did have a nap at 2.30 cause I couldn't keep my eyes open a second more, for about 20 minutes (not like a normal person). I did wake up unbelievably refreshed though and carried on working through until 5ish when the laptop went on so I could look something up and hasn't yet gone off ;0( I am sooooo undisciplined! My work is going great guns though, I am making notes of notes, which in most minds is probably tedious and pointless but for me is necessary to get the info in my brain ready to splurge it out on paper. And provide a quick reference instead of trawling through all my 'main', detailed notes. It seems the reading I have done is marvellous and am getting more ideas to write about all the time so think this should be quite easy in the end. Time is a bit of a concern, I have this week until Monday, then am at my Mums for a week, then have hmm... maybe two weeks when I get back to write it all up... I should get it done in ten days though if possible so I have time to make amends if necessary. Am not as worried as I was though at all due to my (much whined about) meeting with dear Sup who has put my mind at ease a treat.

I think much of this paper will go into a chapter I have already written :0( but means I will take out about half of that chapter to contribute to the one I am writing next :0). So will contribute about 4/5000 words to the overall total. I did some totting up yesterday of the overal PhD chapters and how many words I anticipate/have written for each and it is coming in at a worrying 55000! Eek! I am notoriously verbose so hope I can fill it up ok, and know it is probably best to write less and fill it up than write more and have to edit... But still, I wonder if I have trimmed it down so much there is not much left apart from a big MA dissertation?!! Speaking of verbosity, my future Mother in Law is doing a masters and she had written 6000 words of a 2000 word essay - and hadn't even finished it. I couldnt help but stare and feel quite a strong disapproval as she told me. I used to be terrible for this but was brought into line quite swiftly by my Sup who was quite rude about my apparent designs to become Virginia Wolf. I really wanted to get my hands on her writing and help her cut it down! What a nightmare! Maybe she likes editing though, I am not such a fan it takes tooooo long.

Anywho! Am off to run a lovely bath and look through my notes for tomorrow then am making a lovely dinner for me and DB as we are celebrating Beanie's half-birthday. Would go out for dins but we went on a hugely expensive luxury shop yesterday where I got all the meat and fruit I could get my mitts on, and we are saving the pleasure for Monday after our 20 week scan (and maybe find out the gender of this 'un?! It's a girl, I know this anyway ;0))

Laters y'all!

x J

No comments: