Friday 28 August 2009

One down...

One article down... one more to go then a little peek at a book I have read before that I know will be useful and then the reading for this chapter should be DONE!

GOOD!

Arg the weather here is pants! It is like the summer has gone :0( Though actually I like autumn and winter so don't know why I am whining... perhaps because I am a wee bit cold.

Just found out my lovely friend that I did my life-changing MA with back in the day (5 years ago!) and who is nearly finishing her PhD in South Africa is also pregnant! I am so happy a) to have a pregnant friend, and b) for her because she is happy. Woke up this morning and Beanie had been so quiet all night, pretty unusual and became quite fretful that all was not well. But managed to elicit a little kick and went back to sleep and all has been fairly active this morning so am reassured. The worry and protectiveness I feel over this baby makes my PhD work seem so simple and straightforward. In this way, being up the stick and doing a PhD is a really positive thing, it puts the work in perspective and I know that I would rather work for days on end with no breaks or sleep than ever have to worry about this mite (more than I already do, just being a Mum = worry) So I love my work and am not so scared of it, nor do I place it on such a pedestal. This makes it a lot more approachable and is a very good thing.

Although I am starting to get a sicky feeling about all the reading I have yet to do to really be completely au fait with my topic. Will it *ever* end?!!!

Off to research some office furniture then to eat some dippy eggs and toast, then back to read this final article and finish off the reading for this chapter. I shall then have a look at the plan I have already and won't leave until I feel confident that all the work will, well, work... and Sunday I shall start to write!

x J

No comments: