Wednesday 18 April 2012

Bums

Arfins well I guess I have to finish then.  Three things happened today:

1) DB would not entertain the idea of me not finishing as I have spent too long on it now and owe it to every bugger else if not myself.  Fair enough, if people don't mind me carrying on with the naval gazing exercise that is writing my PhD I shall continue :)

2) I got the draft back from my Sup and it has corrections ALL over it but the arguments seem ok.  Just really badly written.  Embarrassing and i emailed him to apologise for the poor quality.  No wonder he is arsey with me.

3) Someone from my year has just passed their viva...  Now, I am very pleased for him but also mighty envious - I really want that to be MY facebook status ;0)

So I shall continue - but not yet.  My head is mashed at the moment.  I think it is quite good that I know how to get back into it - by correcting the shite marked by my Sup.  then on to the next bleeding chapter (back to the lit review).  My confidence is seriously knocked, but then maybe it had got a bit too high anyway.

x J

5 comments:

Clare said...

I think you're right to keep going, as horrible and crushing as this process is. If comments say your arguments are fine then that's the biggest part of the battle worn, everything else surely fixable. Good luck :)

Clare said...

meant to say 'battle WON', not 'battle worn', but now that I think of it.....

Numpty said...

hehe, ta. it is horrible isn't it? I forget when I have had a good run that in the main it is tedious and horrible. Am sick of this pressure now but as DB says probably just not ready to work *now* rather than ever again ;0) (and he pointed out that I am clearly still working the way I worry about it all the time, even though i am 'off' and packing my bags!)

Thanks for your encouragement!

x J

Anonymous said...

Yes, you must keep going. I have been reading your blog long enough to care that you do finish. I demand that you do!!

Numpty said...

That's hilarious! Thank you online friend :) x J