Friday 6 April 2012

Um...

I am trying to think of excuses but I can't.  well, I can.

I haven't worked today because:

My DB is off work and has actually been OFF work all day.  This never happens even on weekends and having us all around together as a family made the day go by so fast I forgot to work.

we went out after lunch to a soft play centre and that took ages.

And then DP left us in the car for nigh on an hour to go and get some painkillers (coming back with the whole shop!).

So it wasn't my fault.  I did work this morning but only so I realised it was all quite easy really and could wait until I had had a cup of coffee...  which took all day.

I came up to work at half six and did try but got waylaid by rubbish nonsense.  I cannot engage my brain, it is being really bloody scatty.

Sooooo I am going to call it a day; I am defeated.  I shall work tomorrow, however and really, honestly do some work.  I shall work in the morning then I can have the afternoon to do as I wish and not be feeling guilty about work all day (like today).  I have until Thursday to complete this chapter and I really do (naively, I am sure) believe this chapter is straightforward to write which is why I am skiving.  I reckon with hard work I can get it written in three days.  Ideally I think I would like to work lots on Sunday and Monday and have tomorrow off.  Nah, I think at some point needing a break is going to spill into don't-want-to-do-it-now procrastinating and that, my friends, is very bad behaviour. 

I shall slope off now and lounge around eating crisps and ice cream all night, sleep lots and then tomorrow come and do some chuffing work.  Arf, I don't want to.

x J



No comments: