Saturday 7 April 2012

shutting up shop

I have officially, finally been told by DB to 'fuck work'.  Hurrah, some permission to stop fretting and concentrate on myself.

I am to report to the docs on tues, whine extensively about how awful it all is and get a sicknote, when I also tell my sup I have stopped working and will be off for x amount of weeks.  (For as long as I can get, obvs - even if I don't loll about moping for all of it I can maybe get some extra work hours in.)  I shall take any disappointment as it comes (poor Sup, he just wants to retire) although DB reassures me that even uni people are humans, and my sup is a lovely man.  I have not asked for or taken *any* time off this whole course, not even for the deaths of my Dad, Cousin, or Grandma (though at these times I had long enough in my course then to mope and work without pressure) and so I think he will probably appreciate the gravity of it all if I am asking for it now.

I am much better now I have reached this conclusion.  Luckily for me I have done all the thinky horrible work, it is only my lit review that I am in the middle of and that is well planned, the intro is all laid out and I can hit the ground running with it upon my return.

Laters y'all and happy easter!

x J

No comments: